Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Despicable You, Predictable Me?

There are two types of people in this world... those who want to be known... and those who don't.  I am quickly realizing that I am very content being part of the latter.

I do not like my picture taken, although I think this is because I was born with a sincere lack of photogenic..ity?  I do not like to take credit, but dole it out constantly.  And I do not like being a "regular".

Now, what you are about to hear might cause you some real pain.  Then, you might defriend me on every social network I have an account on.  Then, you might tell stories about me one day to your grandkids "once... I knew someone who was just so gross".

I am a regular.  Officially.  At.... McDonald's.  UGH. I know.  I am grossed out by it completely, and any lecture you feel like giving me, I already have heard... from myself.  Each time I drive into the parking lot.

Look, its been an extremely hot past few weeks here in the Northeast territory of the USA.  And they say you should always stay hydrated.  And half sweet/half unsweet iced teas are really good.

Don't get me wrong.  Iced tea, half sweet/half unsweet, is ALL that I get at McDonald's.  A few weeks ago, I thought I'd try to eat something... It not only tasted vile, but my stomach let me know it was pissed throughout the work day.

When the temperatures really started to soar and stay in the 85-90 degree area, I began to leave a few extra minutes in the morning and run into the McDonald's that is very much on my way to work.  I probably stopped in 3 times in the first week.  I continued this, and the days when a full family of kids would be in front of me taking their time, I would eye the cashier to hurry it up. (For real? In ANY place that has a menu up, and you are waiting in line... how can you get to the register and say "oh umm, oh, sorry" and not have decided?!)

About a week after the second family of stupid that made me 3 minutes late to work, the cashier began to "know me".... for the next time I went in, I walked up to the register to hear "sweet tea, right? Lemon?".  NO, definitely no lemon, thank you.  I was asked if I wanted lemon the following 4 times, without first ordering the iced tea. (its a DIY MickeyD's.. they don't know my half/half order... I don't...think..)

Then. One time last week?  I walked in, and there was a man placing his breakfast order.  As I approached behind him, as the only other person in line, I hear "sweet tea".. and see a cup held out in the air.  The man ordering looked horrified... probably because 1. I didn't order and 2. He was STILL ordering.  Yes, the cashier took my "order" and payment in the middle of someone else's.  Hello extra 2 minutes.

Today?  The "regular" cashier was kneeling down refilling the cups.  I walked over to the cashier manning the register and said "Hi sw" when I was cut off by the other cashier holding out a cup saying "sweet tea. 1.07, ring it up. I know her already, haha, I know what she orders".

AHHH.

Yes, I feel bad about myself.

I know, there are a ton of people who LOVE this stuff.  But it totally creeps me out.

And one day, I feel like I should order something else... just to keep him on his toes.  A small smoothie (no yogurt of course, bish please), perhaps? 

1 comment:

MA said...

aw, i love this!!