Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Ish My Grandparents Say: Take 1

1. After discussing, on the phone, the recent possible car purchase being made in my household with my grandfather, my grandmother comes home and says "Who's getting a car?". Without saying hello and only half sure of who is on the phone:
"I want a yellow convertible!"
me: "No, you don't"
"Yes I do!"
me: "NO, you don't! What would you do with it, you don't even drive the Impala that you have, grandpa does!"
"Sooo whhaaaat, I want a yellow convertible"

2. Grandpa (right after the ridiculous snow storms that hit NY this winter): "We went out for a little bit today, but the ice is still too bad to really go anywhere that we would want to go"
Grandma: "I'm a HOSTAGE!"

3. Grandma: "How's your job search going?"
me: "Eh, its going... its tough to find a job that will let me do arts and crafts all day while also being able to use my brain"
Grandma: "You should be a teacher, you'd be great at that"
me: "Oh, add to my list of job requirements- must not have to deal with kids"
Grandma: "I hate kids too!  But grandpa and I would love great grandchildren, just remember that"

No comments: