Friday, April 2, 2010

Vroom Vroom!

I was ALL set to decide that Fridays would be my rant day and I would go off about how its NOT ok to run red lights... because apparently thats "normal" on the roads in 2010.  But then I came home from work, starving from lack of carbs, to THIS (read below) and it was all ok. After my snack, of course.

Preface: Bf's considering buying a new car. Like tomorrow. The 0% Toyota financing ends "soon". (He knows of this blog but not that I was writing down everything he said and not chatting with Vittoria, so I might have to find my own dinner tonight).

Bf is rather levelheaded, but when I came home to him "looking at cars online", I couldn't help myself from laughing.

6:03:25: He's on BMW's website... building one from scratch
"There is a button here I can press and they will make this right now for me!"
me- "Um well not right now"
"I wonder if I have to mail my car back to them for a trade-in"
me- "HA, its not like they are going to MAIL you the BMW."
"Do they ship to PO Boxes?"
6:14:20: "you know, Porsches really aren't that expensive"
6:14:36: At this point I realize he's comparing it to a Dodge Viper. I compare it to a Nissan and then Hyundai.
6:15:43: "I could totally afford a Lotus"

And then I realize this is too ridiculous and start writing it down, missing these 4 minutes.

6:19:23: "vrrooom"
6:19:25:  "vroom"
6:19:28: "where's there a Lotus dealer"
6:19:33: "we should totally test drive one"
6:19:40:  "there's one in (town 15 minuets away)!!!!"
6:19:52: "f-in A, this one's cheaper than the BMW, I should really get it!"
6:20:34: "whaaaaaaat it only has a 4 cylinder? what the hell would I get this car for?"
6:21:23: "0 to 100 in 10 seconds"
6:21:35: me- "its a good thing we live no where near where you're allowed to drive 100mph"
6:23:01: "ah they are a racecar, thats why"
6:23:05:  "I want to buy a racecar!"
6:24:03: "what OTHER cars can I get"
6:24:14: me- "Nissan, Honda, Subaru"
6:24:20: he nods head no in sadness
6:27:29: he begins to look over some Ford websites....
6:27:31: "mustang!!!"
6:27:34: "mustang salaaaaaad"

That was a great way to begin a weekend of lovely weather, that the east coast totally deserves!

1 comment:

MA said...

Mustang salad? Or Mustang Sally?

That made me laugh out loud in the "Borough".